Login To Edit
The News From Lake Region Union High School
The latest news from LRUHS. Archived episodes of LRTV can be found here.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 08:43
• Lunch bills must be paid in full by the last day of school this year. Please remind your parents to send in any outstanding balances.
• SENIORS: All outstanding balances to the LR Foodservice MUST be “PAID IN FULL” NO LATER than FRIDAY, JUNE 7th!!!
• If any students are interested in completing some community service hours by helping Ms. Libby in the LR Kitchen this summer with the Summer Foods Program, please see Ms. Elliott at her office or Ms. Libby in the kitchen as soon as possible.
• There will be a canoe/kayak trip on Thursday after school to Lake Parker in Glover. P.E. credit is possible. Sign up with Mrs. King in Guidance.
• There is a Hat Day coming this Thursday, May 22nd! Bring a dollar and wear your favorite hat.
• Pre-casting auditions for the Fall musical are coming right up: Auditions for The Wiz will take place on Thursday, May 30, 3:10 – 4:00 in the band room.
We need singers, dancers, tech crew. Sign up with Mrs. Rivard, Dr. Doncaster or Mr. Laurie.
The show dates will be November 7,8 and 9.
• There will be a REQUIRED meeting for next year’s AP PSYCHOLOGY class on FRIDAY, MAY 25, 7:50 AM in the MULTIPURPOSE ROOM. (Students who cannot attend must see Mr. Laurie to get the information before Friday the 25th)
• Senior Chorus members will be singing "You Raise Me UP" at graduation. Rehearsal is Wednesday Period 6 and 7 for all seniors in chorus. If you are a senior and a former member of chorus (or like to sing) and would like to join this group, please see Dr. Doncaster. If you would like to sing but can't make this rehearsal, Dr. D would be happy to go over the music with you at another time.
• ATTENTION all students: Please see Mr. Chamberlin or Mrs. Urie before Thursday, May 23rd to discuss your schedule for next year if it has not yet been finalized.
• Any Sophomores who are interested in helping to select a location for next year's prom should plan to attend a brief meeting in Mrs. Messier’s room during homeroom advisory time on Wednesday. Please sign in to your regular homeroom first for attendance.
• The Lake Region FFA spent some time at the state convention last week where they were recognized for their accomplishments this year. Ben Beers and Kristen Smith were both recognized for their service in state positions last year and were reelected to continue those positions as State Vice President (Ben) and Secretary (Kristen). Zeb received the Vermont FFA Outstanding Member of the Year award and also took first place in Extemp Speaking.