Login To Edit
- Parent Category: About LRUHS
- Category: General
- Last Updated on Thursday, 14 August 2014 14:02
The 2014-2015 school handbook and calendar have been published, but you can download and/or print duplicate copies here as well: 2014-20154 LR Handbook and Calendar.
The excerpt below from the Whole School Energy Challenge Report released in March includes the following information about the energy that Lake Region saved this year when compared to previous years. For more information, download the whole report, complete with graphs and detailed information about what we did to generate these savings.
Estimated Electrical Energy Savings May-February 2014:
You Saved 31% or 113,120 kWh from May through February vs. the same period starting in 2010, totaling an estimated $11,878 in avoided energy costs.
Your savings also represents2:
* 78 metric tons of CO2 emissions avoided
* The CO2 emissions from the electricity use of 11 average US homes for one year
* The greenhouse gas emissions from 16 passenger vehicles each year
* The CO2 emissions from 8,774 gallons of gasoline consumed
Lake Region High School is ranked 8th within Vermont. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® course work and exams. The AP® participation rate at Lake Region High School is 28 percent. The student body makeup is 47 percent male and 53 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 5 percent. Lake Region High School is the only high school in the Lake Region Uhsd #24.